We now cross the road near the Volksbank and near the former Seckach-Tower-gate (demolished in 1838) and we arrive at the “Batzentuermle”, mentioned in 1598. It is the “small tower next to the house of Jerg Batz”. This tower was semi-circular on the outside but open on the inside. The remaining part was restored in the same style in 1975.
We now follow the footpath along the town wall. In former times the mill-stream flowed here which sup-plied both the town mill and the tannery with energy. The stream was filled in between 1970 and 1973 when the bypass to Roigheim was built.