Areal des Herrenhofes
We now climb up the steps to the castle at the “Hinteres Tor” (back gate). It was demolished in 1828. At the top, we turn right and go to the house Schlossberg No. 23. It was erected on the remaining walls of the former mano-rial fruit barn A destroyed by fire in 1886. From here we have a good view across the town and right below us we see the Eulenhof (the origin came perhaps from Ailhof = Adelshof). Presumably it was the area of a manor farm B one of the oldest parts of Moeckmuehl. We go back the same way along the wall that surrounds the castle till we come to the “Oberes Tor” (upper gate).